Special thanks to Kellie at Book Delights for nominating me!
The rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate some wonderful bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer.
What’s your favourite dessert?
I’m not terribly fond of overly sweet things, but I cannot stop with Filipino desserts. Leche flan (a creamy egg custard), ginataan (a dessert soup with coconut, rice balls, sweet potatoes, and jackfruit), fruit salad (fruit cocktail with cream), and halo-halo (shaved ice with sweet beans, fruit, and milk).
I’m hungry just thinking about it all.
Where in the world would you want to visit before you die?
I’ve always wanted to go to Greece. The islands, the ruins, the history, the food.
Favourite book out of the Spring 2015 releases?
*quickly googles Spring 2015 book releases*
Oh! Definitely Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Abertalli!
(Because that’s the only one I read…)
What’s your favourite musical?
At the moment? Definitely going to say Hamilton.
But there’s also Wicked, In the Heights, anything by Starkid…
What’s your opinion on the new iphone SE?
Oh look…another phone I can’t afford.
Who’s your favourite American presidential candidate?
All I know for sure about the American presidential race is that I hate Trump (I’m not a republican fan in general). But both democratic candidates have their pros and cons.
What language are you not fluent in, but would love to learn?
Tagalog, for sure. That way I could more easily converse with my family in the Philippines.
Plus there’s the added bonus of never having to interrupt every Filipino I meet with, “Sorry, I don’t know Tagalog.”
If you could have tea with any historical figure, who would he or she be?
Hm, I’ve never been much of a history buff. I guess I’d choose…Malala Yousafzai. She and I share similar opinions about education and women’s rights, and that would be an interesting conversation.
If you could have tea with any fictional character (excluding characters in historical fiction), who would he or she be?
I’ve answered this question before, and I’ve chosen Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables and Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone. This time, I think I’ll go with Penelope from Carry On. She was pretty cool.
What book to movie adaptation do you think was an absolute flop?
Where do I even begin? Percy Jackson? Ella Enchanted? Any of the new adaptations of books written by Dr. Seuss?
What’s a name that you really love?
A name? Hm, I never really thought about it…
Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington. Awesome character name.
Here are my nominations:
- Ravenclawsam @ Blast of Random
- Mia @ Diary of an Introverted Schmuck
- Kayleigh @ Miserable and Magical
- Valeria @ Coffeelant
- Tori @ Being Tori in Victoria
- Summar @ xingsings
- Sarah and Faith @ Sublime Reads
- Alyssa @ Alyssa is Reading
- Trish @ ItIsTrish
- Nafiza @ Bibliophilic Monologues
- And YOU, if you wish.
And my questions are:
- Who is you favourite Youtuber?
- You have been captured! The protagonist(s) of the last book you read is coming to your rescue. What are your chances of survival?
- What is your favourite pun?
- What was your favourite cartoon as a kid?
- Favourite book-to-movie adaptation?
- When you were a kid, what did you tell people when they asked you what you would be when you grew up?
- What’s your favourite bridge?
- Do you listen to podcasts? Which ones?
- What’s your favourite dish to cook?
- What was your least favourite class in high school?
- Favourite thing on your bookshelf?
Take care, guys!